MEET THE DOCTOR
Meet Dr. Gary Horblitt, Dental Implant Specialist in Fairfield, CT
Dr. Gary Horblitt
Since opening his dental specialty practice in 1984, Dr. Gary Horblitt has taken care of the prosthodontic and prosthetic needs of his patients. He not only continues to serve the needs of his patients, he has taught many other dentists and dental technicians across the country about prosthodontics and implant dentistry. During his free time, he is often found teaching residents. He has been voted teacher of the year by the resident dental students he has taught. He has a fond following of both present and past students, residents, dentists, dental laboratory technicians and other professionals who have either worked with him or have taken his courses.
Dr. Horblitt has trained with the original developers of implant technology, including Swedish orthopaedic surgeon Dr. P I Branemark. In addition, he was trained in the restoration process for cranial facial implants. Dr. Horblitt was part of the first group of prosthodontists indoctrinated in the United States. He also completed the very first upper and lower implant restoration in Connecticut.
Dr. Horblitt’s believes that treating patients is a privilege, not a right. He loves having the ability to change people’s lives and to consistently offer the highest quality care. A fun fact about Dr. Horblitt: his favorite dentist is none other than Hermey, the elf from “Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” who was committed to being the best dentist on the Isle of Misfit Toys.
Awards and Achievements
- He’s section chief of prosthetic dentistry at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
- He’s on the Yale School of Medicine Head and Neck Program staff, providing maxillofacial prosthetic services for patients with cancer of the head & neck..
- He teaches, presents, and publishes works on prosthodontics.
- He’s known for his extensive experience in treating accident cases, medically compromised patients, and patients with special considerations..
- He’s won awards from his peers and the public for his work in prosthodontics and dentistry..
- N.B.C. Study Group for his outstanding contribution as a clinician
- Naugatuck Valley Dental Society for appreciation for his outstanding lecture on dental implants
- The CT Dental Lab Association in appreciation for his many years of outstanding educational and clinical contributions in the field of implant dentistry for the benefit and advancement of the dental laboratory industry
- Nobelpharma Manhattan Project in great appreciation for providing the highest level of enthusiasm, expertise, and sincere caring
- Yale-New Haven Hospital Department of Dentistry for being an “Outstanding Mentor & Teacher”