Maxillofacial Prosthodontics in Fairfield, CT
What is a Maxillofacial Prosthodontist?
A maxillofacial prosthodontist has specialized expertise to treat patients with severe problems in the head and neck region. These health problems usually occur to do cancer, surgery, trauma, or birth defects. Dr. Horblitt has received an additional year of training exclusively in the field of maxillofacial prosthetics. The cases that a maxillofacial prosthodontist treats are multidisciplinary, often including the skills of several other specialists including head and neck surgeons, plastic surgeons, oral surgeons, oncologists, doctors, speech therapists, primary care physicians, and additional medical professionals.
Who Should Visit a Maxillofacial Prosthodontist?
A Maxillofacial Prosthodontist can help treat many specialized problems, including the following:
- Patients that are missing a portion of their faces from either traumatic injuries or congenital conditions.
- Patients suffering side effects from radiation therapy
- Patients who have lost a portion of their tongue
- Patients who have lost a portion of their jaws
- Patients with neurological deficiencies who have trouble speaking and swallowing
- Patients with difficulty speaking, swallowing and eating due to missing palates
- People who are losing fluid through their nose due to a hole in their palates
- Patients who are dealing with oral cancer
If you need a maxillofacial prosthodontist in Fairfield, CT, Dr. Horblitt’s office can treat a broad spectrum of patients. Dr. Horblitt and his excellent and compassionate team work tirelessly to give their patients back their quality of life while treating all patients with dignity and respect. Schedule your appointment today and let Dr. Horblitt help you.